What Is A Reiki Attunement
This is the process by which a Reiki teacher (often called a reiki master) passes on the ability to channel the Reiki energy. In order for anyone to personally connect with Reiki and use this energy system for themselves and for others the must receive an attunement (sometimes called initiation or empowerment). This step can not be taken lightly. This attunement should be considered permanent.
- Anyone can get an attunement and channel Reiki, it require no special ability……
- ….However the person should have a sincere desire to help themselves and a willingness to practice and use Reiki for the benefit of life.
- Reiki seekers sometimes choose to fast or refrain from eating meat or smoking before being attuned to Reiki. This is not essential. You must however be sober to receive and accept the attunement from the Reiki teacher.
- It helps to be in a meditative receptive state at the time the attunement is done.
- The Reiki teacher will instruct you on where to sit and the particular hand positions you should hold.
- It is recommended that you drink lots of water after an attunement.
Some symptoms that may showman after an attunement include:
- Physical and emotional release
- excessive gas
- unusually vivid dreams